As expected, it is getting easier to talk to those still at home. There are less tears and more excitement. I truly appreciate all the support from those around me. It helps me through the day and I know it will be more and more needed. My family is incredible by letting me know each day that they are excited and proud. However, today, my wonderful boyfriend, who has gone up and down with emotions with the Peace Corps, told me he was proud. I know he may have told me this once before in our discussions of the Peace Corps, however today it hit me hard. It is so good to know that even the people who dont want me to go the most, are proud. For that, I thank you Cheese, you've been my rock, and its an amazing feeling to know that you are happy for me.
As for here on out, I will be getting up early tomorrow morning and heading to the Clinic where I will be receiving my Yellow Fever shot. From there I head straight to the airport and we take off at 5:40pm. I am not sure if we will be needing all the down time in the airport, but that will allow me to do any last minute Skyping or phone calls. The flight will bring us into Dakar at 6am and we will make the 2 hr drive into Theis (pronounced Chess) where I will be temporarily setting up at the Peace Corps Regional House there. Our living conditions are apparently like a dorm style setting. I look forward to what I will learn there.
Sorry there is not too much to report for now, but I promise that the next entry will come from Senegal and hopefully will have something entertaining to report.
Until then, thank you again for the support! Please keep emailing me and sending me your thoughts via Facebook!
Good night!
YES!!! We are so very, very proud of the selfless act you are doing Nicolette. I am so very honored to be your mother and I know dad and Melly feel the same!
ReplyDeleteHope your flight was good and can't wait to hear from you in Senegal! xox mom
Ahh! I can't believe you're leaving already. I know its going to be amazing and hard and I'm so happy that you have such a supportive family. Can't wait to see how your training goes! I think by the time you become a volunteer, I'll be heading in for training :)
ReplyDeleteEnough about the past, we need to hear adventure, romance, thrills, growth, inspiration and awakening. No more about us, all about the ride.
ReplyDeleteI love you. daddy'o