Fast forward to now, I love Senegal. So much in my life has changed over the last 12 months. I have created life-long bonds with volunteers here. They have seen me at my best and my worst and have continued to support me through all trials and tribulations I have faced. I also have been able to keep up with friends and family at home in The States and watched their lives change over the last year. I have continued to learn things about myself as I push myself to new emotional and physical limits.I think that's how it should always be; continuously peeling back the layers that define us as people. It has truly been an incredible roller-coaster and its not over yet.
Peering into the future, I can only see good things. I consider myself to be a really positive person. I mean overall I usually can find the good in the situation, however, this time in my life, I have never felt more like this is what I want and this is what I am meant to be doing. My life is filled with inspiring, beautiful and motivated people who push me to be the best. I am a lucky girl, a lucky, lucky girl.
So, all in all... life is good. Senegal is great. I am happy, and thats what matters most.
![]() |
| Now... Feb 2012 |
![]() | |
| Then... April 2011 |


Keep it up Niki! I've enjoyed following your adventures through this blog so much, YOU are an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love,
Cameron