Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Amerik!!
God Bless America! As most of you know I went home for the holidays this year. It was something I was really looking forward to AND it was all it was cracked up to be! I spent a couple of days in Dakar after the Bakel Eye Clinic before my flight out for the great Americas. It was a good adjustment to the life I was going to re-enter. Then after 3 flights, an 8 hr layover in Madrid, and a delayed flight in NYC, I finally arrived at LAX. Just some uneventful flights and I made it home safe.
Once at home I was able to see all my best friends. It was so refreshing to see people I had not seen in almost 10 months. I felt like I had stepped back in time and was right back in the swing of things! It was so nice to see family and get to spend the holidays with people I love. About 4 days into my stay I got this weird feeling of Senegal being a total dream. It felt like I wasnt going back. It was stressful to know that all of this wonderful America-time was going to come to an end in a mere two weeks. It was FAR too short and I cannot wait to come back and LIVE there! :-)
During the time home I spent most of it in HB trying to see everyone I could, then I spent a night over in SD spending some time with The Staffords' and other friends! Then the holidays were spent with family which was wonderful. I needed to see everyone I get to tell my story a bit. It helped me remember how much support I have from everyone I know and am related to. (Thanks you all!)
I dont mean to make it sound I didnt want to come back. It was definitely great to come back and see my fellow PCVs. I got to bring Melissa back with me and give her a little tour of what Senegal has to offer. More to come in a future blog post about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.